Oleocanthal, a naturally-occurring compound found in extra-virgin olive oil, alters the structure of neurotoxic proteins believed to contribute to the debilitating effects of Alzheimer’s disease. This structural change impedes the proteins’ ability to damage brain nerve cells.
SEARCH PSA Rising
Recipes, archives and more in EatingWell.
- Shopping for Healthy Holiday Foods to Fight Obesity and Cancer
- Tips and Recipes for Healthy, Delicious Fall Into Winter Holiday Eating
- Heart and Bone Damage from Low Vitamin D Tied to Declines in Sex Hormones
- Dark Chocolate Reduces Emotional Stress, Study Finds
- Broccoli compound may aid survival for high-risk prostate cancer patients
Eat to Beat Prostate Cancer Cookbook Author: David Ricketts
Healthy Diet Links
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
- Archives Index for FoodNews
- David Mendosa, Living with Diabetes
- Fish and Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Heart Assoc.
- Food Routes
- Keep Food Safe (food handling tips from Grocery Manufs. of America)
- Save Our Wild Salmon
- Vitamin B12 – Vegetarian Society UK
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency in Elderly
- Why Organic Food Is Better — Maine Farmers
- Wild Salmon Center